Fun time at Brushy Creek

Dec 07 2020

Al Burns

Fry

Number of Posts :

I took two of my grandsons to Brushy Creek on Saturday the 5th of December. This was one of the most unique experiences I've had at any lake in the club. Looking over past reports we launched and fished a fence sticking out of the water at the mid lake section of the lake. We fished with Z Man Hula Sticks rigged drop shot style. ( kids have an easy time learning plastics on a drop shot rig ) . At the South end of the fence line that runs parallel to the West bank of the mid section of the lake are two pronounced wood posts sticking out of the water. Every bass we caught ( 11 total ) were all caught within five feet of those wood posts. We couldn't find a fish anywhere else on the lake. These were very nice bass. The first one caught was 6.6 pounds. All were over 3 pounds but the treat of the day was the last bass caught…an 8 pounder. This was the first time these boys had been bass fishing and it was a blast to see their eyes pop over the first and last fish of the day. The 8 pounder jumped two feet from the boat and threw water all over us. When those bigger bass show off their big bucket mouth and try to throw the hook its a purer form of buck fever to me. An absolutely great day with my grandsons. Unfortunately colder air and rain moved in at about noon and the bite turned off like a switch. We fished several more hours with no more results. Love this club. It makes heroes out of grandpas !

Dec 07 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That is an awesome day with the grandkids, Kyle is producing some big ones, glad you all found them!

Dec 07 2020

Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Al,

That sounds like a great day and even better that you could share it with the grandkids and that they could experience an 8 pounder! Thanks for sharing.

Jared

Dec 08 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Wonderful report