Rollin Sarradet

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26978
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/23/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 74 total, 50 culls
Lures Used : RedEye Shad

Arrived at the lake around 8:30am to breezy conditions and cloudy skies. Air temp was in the low 50’s with the water temp at 60 at the start. The lake is full with approximately 3ft of water visibility. 

My previous trips to this lake had told me the fish were holding primarily in the main body of the lake so that's where I focused my time. I caught a dozen or so bass in the first period of searching until I located an area where I could throw from 3-4ft of water into deeper water, and that's where I caught the bulk of the fish. I was throwing a RedEye Shad in both 1/2oz and 3/4oz, with more strikes coming on the 1/2oz. This lake has a LOT of 13-14in bass. The fish I returned were between 14+ and 17 inches, with several 3+ lb fish. No big ones. 

This is a beautiful property, and I have met several of the cow hands out there. Great people. Kudos to Steve and his team for making this a part of the club. 

Jan 25 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Wow, that’s a lot of fish for January!  Nice work on the harvest, 50 fish helps make a difference.