Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27092
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/06/2021 All Day - 02/06/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 bass 6 bream
Lures Used : Flies- Black Woolies and Clousers

Fished Six-O with fellow member and buddy Brett Stalkup yesterday.  Net net it was a beautiful day – saw two bucks on the way in and it was a pretty day to be on the water goofing off.  Seems like most times I fish Six-O there is wind and yesterday was same same.  We started off with about 10-15 mph winds and everything was very manageable and then….the wind blew.  In fact it was downright howling by about noon.  We had trouble getting around the lake on our paddleboards and anchors were slipping.  In the melee I lost a fly rod – if anyone reels up an Orvis Recon 8 weight along the launch side shore line somewhere between the stick ups and about 50 yards from the dam with a black wooly bugger tied on – I’d appreciate it.  All that said we still managed a few bass ( 3 retuned and 4 cullers) – we caught 4 over in the cove (kinda in the middle of the cove) just across the lake from the launch.  Biggest were 18” and 17.5”.  After Brett took off I hung around and fished off the dock and down the launch side shoreline towards the dam (where my fly rod got washed off my paddleboard).  Caught another 4 bass and some huge bream just casting off the dock.  I love coming to this ranch and fishing this lake no matter the conditions.  Really a beautiful place out away from it all.  

Feb 08 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Oh man, sorry to hear about your rod down out there; hopefully someone gets lucky and snags it on an upcoming trip for you.

Mar 02 2021

Paul Prosser

Fry

Number of Posts :

At least it wasn’t a Helios!