Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27124
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/08/2021 AM - 02/08/2021 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : No bass One Turtle
Lures Used : Flies that didn't work

Fished Triple J yesterday am and had the muddy water blues - the water was chocolate milk and visibility wasn’t much - couldn’t see my fly in less than 6 inches of water.  I’m guessing the howling winds of the last few days had the lake stirred up.  I’ve been on this lake many times when the water clarity is great I just hit it wrong this time.  Ended up skunked unless you count the turtle I foul hooked.  I know the bass are in there - they just didn’t know I was there yesterday.  

Feb 09 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hey kevin,

Sorry to hear about the muddy water. Yes. likely from all the wind the past couple of weeks. We electrofished the lake in November and bass densities and weights were outstanding. In fact, top 10% of all lakes that we survey. The fish are there, just a tough day.

Steve

Feb 09 2021

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Hey kevin,

Sorry to hear about the muddy water. Yes. likely from all the wind the past couple of weeks. We electrofished the lake in November and bass densities and weights were outstanding. In fact, top 10% of all lakes that we survey. The fish are there, just a tough day.

Steve

Steve,

I booked Triple J based on y’all’s Facebook post with those pictures of the whopper bass from the electro fishing – I’ll be back out there for sure.  I’ve caught fish in the muddy water on the fly its just way harder because the flies don’t make much noise or throw off big vibrations – someone with a chatterbait, a rattle trap or a Carolina rig with a knocker would have likely hooked into some of those beasts y’all shocked up even in the mud.  Fun trying with the fly but it was a challenging approach for yesterday.

Kevin