Pruitt Brothers EPIC Birthday Bash Blow Out - 203 Fish (see pics & post)

Mar 01 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27203
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 02/27/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 203 LMB Up to 4 1/2 Pounds
Lures Used : See Post

203 Bass – Lost Creek – Cold Spring, Texas (See Pics)

EPIC Birthday Bash Bass Blow Out – Say That Real Fast!

This post is going to be a bit lengthy………I just cannot post these tremendous catch numbers without giving you a detailed account of our day. I hope you enjoy……………..

Phil turned 61 years old this weekend and so we decided to celebrate (leap year baby he is only 15 years old) and get our second 2021 PWF outing in really expecting to see a bunch of dead fish floating everywhere from the recent severe freeze. More on this in a minute. We really prefer spring fishing starting in early March but this year just feels different. This trip makes our 2nd trip in Feb. and both Feb. trips have proven to produce amazing results. 309 LMB in two (2) trips is quite a catch. We are getting very spoiled knowing it will rarely be like this.

We arrived at the main gate per the longitude-latitude coordinates at 6:30 AM. Just an FYI - those coordinates take you to the main ranch gate with an electronic entrance pad that is not for the club members. You must take Bob McGowan road off of 222 about 1.7 miles to find the PWF entrance gate on the left side. This is a dead end road with high fence on both sides (see pics of the entrance gate). It has a high combo lock chain and a low combo lock chain. The combo locks have PWF marked in permanent marker. The boat ramp currently is very narrow and needs a bit more rock. We got the boat launched but is was slightly challenging being a little bit slick and soft (see pic of the launch area). This is definitely not set up for launching a big heavy boat.

I am struggling a bit on telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth regarding this trip because my silence would maybe keep it our little secret for a little while longer, but PWF members deserve to have access to the same experience Phil & I were blessed to enjoy. I know it won’t produce like this for everyone, every time. That is why it is called fishing and not catching. But CATCHING is what we did!

In the water at 7:15 AM and chunking baits. The water temperature was 55 degrees all day. Caught nothing for the first 15 minutes. OK we were kind of wondering if there really were any fish in this lake. Phil hooked up on a small 1 pounder and we were now feeling a little better about it all. What happened next was EPIC to say the least. By 11:00 AM we had caught a total of 104 bass. All of them in the 2 to 3 ½ pound range. These bass pull a pound bigger than they really are. What a treat to get such a tug out of these 2 & 3 pounders. I caught all of my 54 morning bass on one (1) bait, the Z Craw Worm Texas Rigged in Pearl White (see pic) and Phil his 50 LMB on the Watermelon Texas Rigged Z Craw of course. Both of us garlic dip everything plastic.

So we tied the boat up to a floating fish feeder pier and commenced to grilling Happy Birthday Phil Ribeye Steaks and Baked Potatoes. While grilling on my new NOMAD Grill we met Melissa and Jeremy (two of the ranch caretakers) and they were very nice. Sounds like we were the first pair of PWF anglers to give it a go on this lake based on our conversation with them. We asked where all of the dead fish were from the recent deep freeze? Happy to hear them state there were none. We were so relieved to hear that. We hope all of the PWF club lakes enjoyed high bass mortality rates. We are hearing that the bait fish were more susceptible to the freeze at some of the club lakes than the bass.

Since we caught so many bass up to the 11 AM hour, we did not feel the need to get back on the water without getting well-nourished if you know what I mean. Incredible birthday lunch (see pic). 12:45 PM we are on the boat and are back at it.

This lake has it all, brush piles, structure, deep water, shallow water, many fingers, about six (6) aeration stations moving lots of water (heat of the summer will find fish hovering around this water moving), this lake is 100% fishable. We both decided to try something different and tied on shallow diving crank baits (see pics) and got even better results with hook up after hook up. OK, Phil hooks into a 4 ½ pounder birthday bass on a crawfish square bill (see pic) which ended up being the biggest for the day. All of the fish we caught look just like this fish in the attached pic but at various weights. They are all fat as footballs and we never saw an imperfection on one bass. These fish are the healthiest we have ever seen. No blemishes, no bird attack scars, perfectly fat fish. They are getting plenty of bait/forage and looking ready to spawn. 3 years from now these 3 and 4 pounders are going to be giants. Can’t wait…….we called it a day with the fish still biting at 4:30 PM, trailered the boat, strapped it down and headed to the house. Tried to leave the property just like we found it. All trash and reminants of us being there gone. Only a CSI agent could prove we were ever at the scene. Back safely at home by 7 PM. Another memory was made with stories to tell…………

I am looking forward to coming back in a few weeks hopefully and fish from my kayak in the many back water fingers. This is a kayaker’s dream lake. Water is still a bit cool for me to commit 100% to kayaking but in a few weeks water temps should creep up to a comfortable level.

Thank you to Team PWF (Keri, Steve, Cole and Scott) for your commitment to bring on new and quality lakes that the public will just never have the opportunity to fish. I have to pinch myself after a day like today and confirm its reality and not just a dream.  203 confirmed bass caught (see fish counter pic attached) in one day, come on, that is just insane.

PS: Fish Counter Only Goes to 99…………..Wayne 113 Phil 90 (clicker showing 83 the numbers got moved in his pocket his catch was 90)………...LOL

Tight lines to all……………we are scheduled for on lake this weekend, so look for us to post our good fortune (hopefully with fingers crossed) on Monday morning next week…………………..

The Pruitt Brothers (Wayne & Phil)

Mar 01 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Wayne, I understand why there would be some conflict in posting this report vs sitting on it for another trip or two but thank you for sharing this great experience with the club and providing such a detailed report!  This place is truly special and with everything the owner has done it is on pace to be an elite bass fishery and something we hope our members all get to experience and watch develop over the coming years.  Happy Birthday Phil, can’t imagine a better present 

Mar 02 2021

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Hi Wayne, I understand why there would be some conflict in posting this report vs sitting on it for another trip or two but thank you for sharing this great experience with the club and providing such a detailed report!  This place is truly special and with everything the owner has done it is on pace to be an elite bass fishery and something we hope our members all get to experience and watch develop over the coming years.  Happy Birthday Phil, can’t imagine a better present 

I always look forward to the Pruitt Brothers reports.

Thanks for sharing your reports and your knowledge.  

Mar 04 2021

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chris Haller

I always look forward to the Pruitt Brothers reports.

Thanks for sharing your reports and your knowledge.  

Amazing number of quality fish. Congrats on a great trip and BD.

May 04 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

So the gate coordinates is not accurate? Anyone have thecorrect coordinates to the needed gate. Going Saturday and meeting a guest, so want to go to correct location.

May 05 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

So the gate coordinates is not accurate? Anyone have thecorrect coordinates to the needed gate. Going Saturday and meeting a guest, so want to go to correct location.

Dale, the coordinates took us to the main entrance gate which is not the members gate. I did not plug in the lake coordinates. Those make take you right to the members entrance. You will need to take Bob McGowen Road right down from the main gate road and go 1.7 miles. Gate is on the left and is clearly marked with PWF sign (see photo in my post above). There are two (2) combination locks both use the same code. Good luck you are going to love the lake. Plenty of numbers with LMB up to around 5 pounds. Lots of fingers to explore. There are some blad eagles as well. The boat ramp is not good for large boats when it is wet.