Good to be on the water...some action, I know it’ll get better in the next month!

Mar 05 2021

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27304
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 03/04/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : One 14” largemouth; One 12” crappie; Two small crappies
Lures Used : Swim baits (bass & small crappie); small crank (large crappie)

The water was a bit murky as expected after the recent weather.  The wind was calm, so I tried a yellow magic popper and a jointed floating rapala around the entire pond twice, and didn’t get a single look.  There wasn’t much surface feeding going on.  I tried Ned rig my skills in finesse fishing are limited, so it may have been user error), and that didn’t work.  The only cation I got was trolling small swim baits and a small sinking Berkeley crank bait through the eep channel in the middle.  I went back and forth for 3 hours and caught 4 fish...the bite was light so I may have had other bites while trolling and missed them.   Despite the light day, it was great to be on the water with not a single cloud in the sky.  

Jun 17 2021

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Bryan…I noticed that you have fished SW a few more times than myself. I just picked up a little Pelican and wanted to launch first out of SW, but a bit nervous…Do you use your own boat and if so, any concerns getting your trailer down to the ramp area and did you have any problems with the ramp. Last thing i need is a short ramp problem for my first outing….Thanks

Kerry Wages

Jun 18 2021

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kerry Wages

Hey Bryan…I noticed that you have fished SW a few more times than myself. I just picked up a little Pelican and wanted to launch first out of SW, but a bit nervous…Do you use your own boat and if so, any concerns getting your trailer down to the ramp area and did you have any problems with the ramp. Last thing i need is a short ramp problem for my first outing….Thanks

Kerry Wages

The launch area at SW lake has been very muddy when I was there.  I used the site boat (12pm Tracker flat bottom) once, but used my own boat all the other times, an 11’ 6” inflatable with a solid deck with seats on pedestals, so I did not “launch” a trailer per se.  There is no way that I can tell, to back a trailer into this pond without getting stuck in the mud.  There is not “ramp” that I am aware of, unless they have added one.   To be perfectly honest, I never looked for one, I just launched my inflatable from the same place the site boat was located.

Jun 18 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kerry Wages

Kerry Wages

Hi Kerry, you should have no problem getting to and using the ramp there, it is very accessible and things have dried out significantly the last few days.