Mar 07 2021

Travis Stein

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27283
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4- ranging from 2lbs to 4lbs
Lures Used : Senko, worm, whopper plopper worked. Spinner, jig, rattle, swimbait, frog, crank did not work

Decided on Pecan Springs again. Totaled 4 bass from 7-3pm. We fished hard. Threw a lot at them. 2 caught on structure pipes. 1 by the dam and one in the south where it tightens up. That was on the whopper plopper. My boy loves watching the action of it and insisted I tie it on for him. Was doubting it and told him in 2 months it may be effective. 4th cast, BANG!

Around 2pm we were venturing back into the south portion. Cruising along I noticed a swath of bubbles probably 10ft wide and for 30ft or so. Bizarre since we hadn't seen this in that area before and we hadn't seen much surface action. Suddenly, an explosion about 3ft from my boy on the front followed a split second later of another behind it. 2 giant carp had exploded out of the water. Not kidding when I say they were the size of dolphins. Had never seen anything like it. And the speed at which they were running was incredible. So big and powerful I'd have been knocked out of the boat if they connected w me. He wanted to chase after them but that's the last we saw. 

Beautiful property. Great swimming hole. Perfect escape. 

We’ll be back. 

Mar 08 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report Travis, glad those carp didn’t get a direct hit.  Kudos to your son for catching a nice one on topwater!