Quality vs. Quantity

Mar 08 2021

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

We fish yesterday (3/7) and the weather was beautiful and just so glad to get and enjoy.   My fishing partner (Jason) caught his personal best on a white ribbit frog.  The Bass was 23.5 inches and weighted 7. 5 lbs.  If my old memory still works that puts that fish in the 100% percentile.  So that tells me that it is a healthy lake.  No weeds to fight with on this trip.  All fish caught were females. Here are the weights, 1, 3, 4, 4.5, 5.5, 7.5  So that is a bag of 24.5 lbs. for best 5. In another two weeks I would think the males will be making or sitting on beds. Now is the time to get yourself one of those big girls .  Everything we caught was on a white bait.  Frogs, chatter and spinner caught fish.  The lake is full and pouring over the spillway.  Our best action was the east side directly across from the launch.  Anyone in the big bass contest here is a place to get yourself in the running. Once the girls have had their dance it will be the males to provide the entertainment. Oh, I did catch one crappie near the launch on a beetle spin in white.  No beds that we could spot and the females were about 10’ off the bank.