Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27248
Property Name : Boren Lake
Reservation Date : 03/08/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 bass/15-16”
Lures Used : Lipless, chatterbait

Took my 6yr old son with me to Boren. We had 3 goals in mind:

1 – Enjoy time together away from school and work – CHECK

2 – Take the new boat out to help learn a few ins & outs. (This is a mini pontoon from Pond King bought specifically for PWF. I will probably do a full review for the forum in the coming weeks.) – CHECK

3 – Catch a bass or two – CHECK

First of all, I chose this property to test the new boat with my son because I knew there was potential for bluegill if the bass weren't interested on that particular day.

The owner greeting us upon arrival and showed us the fish he feeds by hand. He provided an overview of the property, full with locations of sunken structure. He also provided some corn for my son to use later on the bluegill at the dock. 
We launched with no issue, but the wind was already proving to be an opponent for the day. We stayed several hours and caught a couple of bass. When we stopped for lunch at the dock, my son caught some of those bluegill using the corn.

The part I really want to share is the kindness of the owner. I was having significant trouble loading the pontoon on the trailer in the wind. Just when I feared I would have to swim out and float in on by hand, the owner came to check on us and was able to help crank it while I waded out to guide it along. I should also add that I recently had ACL surgery, so I did have to pull moss from my knee brace. I am so grateful for the owner and his willingness to help and even assist in stowing our gear. In the future I plan to add extended guides to the sides of the trailer to help get the pontoons where they should be. 

We look forward to returning to Boren on a day with less wind. I am so glad the PWF properties have owners who are simply genuine, kind people. All of the ones I met have been as excited to have us as guests as we were to fish on their properties.

Mar 10 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Gary is a true gentleman, I’m glad he was able to help you get the boat trailered…and also glad you were able to check off all your missions!