Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27346
Property Name : Kickapoo Lake
Reservation Date : 03/09/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 23 up to 3 pounds
Lures Used : Flies

Fished Kickapoo yesterday and had a good day.  Missed the dog that used to come around last few times I was there hope he’s still with us somewhere. Fished all flies and caught 23 with 9 returned and 14 cull fish.  The keepers were all between 2 and 3 pounds and good solid fish on the fly rod.  Fished my usual black wooly buggers but was also throwing a deer hair top water and a sinking half and half.  Mostly the wooly bugger caught yesterday with most fish shallow and close to shore and nothing off the top and only a few a little deeper off the half and half.  Caught fish in both fingers and off the far side shore line nothing of the launch side shore line or by the dam.  It was over cast all day and the wind was howling at time but it was just a great day on the water.

NOTE:  I nearly made a huge mistake – when I came into the property I closed the gate but did not relock the lock – I just looped the gate chain through the unlocked lock.  The owner came down and told me that the wind had evidently somehow blown the gate open and there is livestock on the property and an open gate could mean disaster.  He said this has happened a couple of times in the past as well – so when fishing this property – and really any property with livestock on it – relock the gate when you come in and don’t just close the gate and loop the gate chain with an unlocked lock. The owner was nice about it and I told him I would mention this in the report.

Mar 10 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the note Kevin, that is a super important reminder to us all, open gates are a major problem for our land owners.  Glad the owner was pleasant about it and glad you had another good day fishing!