Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27327
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 03/09/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 bass/6 crappie - bass up to 2.75lbs
Lures Used : Moving baits mostly

I opted to leave the boat at home knowing it would be a gusty day. That turned out to be a good decision.
I started fishing around 9:30 and left around 3:30 with a short break for lunch. 
Sticking to the bank, I fished the north and west sides. I threw a variety of lure options. I did land three bass on a red lipless crankbait, a swimbait and even a weightless lizard. The wind was too strong to consistently fish the soft plastics on that side of the property. It died down for a few minutes every once in a while. During one of those periods, I pitched the lizard into a log laydown to get the first of the day. 
When I was getting ready to leave, I got a hit on a 4” swimbait near the boat ramp. I threw right back and caught 3 crappie in the same spot over the next 3 casts. I continued throwing there and ended up with 6 crappie in about 15 minutes, all on the swimbait.

It was good to get out, and I knew the weather forecast. Therefore, I call it a productive day. I can't wait to go back and find some of the larger fish I hear SW has in it.