Mar 13 2021

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27457
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 03/12/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : One 17” LM Bass; two 15” crappie; four smaller crappie
Lures Used : LM Bass caught on wacky rigged watermelon worm. Crappie on small gold swim bait (trolling)

Arrived at 6:30am, on the water by 6:45am.  Since it was relatively cal, I tired casting into the shoreline with a yellow magic popper and had three mild strikes (not aggressive).  I did another lap with a rapala floating jerk bait and yet another with a medium sized swim bait...nothing.  I started trolling the middle (deep portion of the pond) with a smal mr twister (gold split tail) and got some crappie action immediately. A couple small ones at first and after a few passes, landed the 15” “slabs” (the big ones almost fight like a bass).  I then decided to try TX rig worm (no weight)...no luck...changed to wacky rig and got the 17” L bass after just a few casts...she hit it just as the worm started to sink...by the time I reeled in the slack, she had already swallowed it.

I made a few more passes with the mr. twister, landing some smaller crappies and continued casting the watermelon wacky rig, getting. Few more light strikes, but no more bass.  

Called it quits about 10am (had to meet the wife for lunch), so it was a shorter trip than usual, but overall it was a good day with enough action to keep me busy.