Wes Harkins

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27451
Property Name : Gallant Elm Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/12/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 fish 14" or under, 4 fish in the 3lb range
Lures Used : mostly Googan brand, spinner, crank, stick

My teenage son and I recently joined PWF and this was our first outing. The lake is about an hour and 10 minuntes from our house. Upon arrival at sunrise, we noticed the lake level was down quite a bit but that was expected. We were immediately greeted by the big dog that lives on the ranch. She was very friendly and we actually spent some time playing with her throughout the day during breaks.

We threw Googan spinner baits initially and started catching 12-14” right away. After that slowed down we switched to Googan crank baits of various sizes and colors and the action heated back up. we took a lunch breal around 11 when things went cold and then came back out slowly made our way arounf the banks throwing cranks, then switching to sticks out in the middle of the lake.

overall we took 20 culls and threw 4 nice 3lb fish back, one of those which was the very last fish caught by my son with a Googan spinner from the bank as I was getting ready to pack up. It was a fun trip not far from the house. We are definitely looking forward to being part of the club.

Bring on some rain, the lakes need it!

Wes

Mar 14 2021

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Wes.  Welcome to PWF. I live in Boerne and routinely fish the San Antonio properties. Sounds like a good first trip.

Once I recover from recent shoulder surgery, maybe we can partner and fish one of these properties. 

Bill