Wet, Windy... and Worth It 3/13

Mar 13 2021

Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Braved the elements Saturday morning to partake in some spring fishing at Brushy Creek.  Glad I did.  Fished all the way around the lake, and caught 18 fish between 1 and 3 pounds, and one 5.5 pounder.  Caught a few fish on topwater to start the morning, and a few more on a rattle trap.  But the majority of the fish, including the big one, were on a wacky worm.  Never caught one closer than 25 feet from the bank.  The big one was in the southeast corner of the dam.  Funny story there.  I fish from a fishing tube, and hang one rod across the front of my tube that I’m not using.  When I had the big girl to the tube, trying to get a quick picture, a crappie latched onto the chatter bait dangling from my rod across the bow.  So I caught two fish at the same time, but needless to say no picture to prove it.

Mar 14 2021

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Bryan.  Good to hear you had success. The recovery from the shoulder surgery is really getting to me when I read these reports.  I am keeping up my spirits and today started casting in the back yard. Not tooooo sore afterwards. 

hopefully I can return to fishing in mid April. 

Bill

Mar 14 2021

Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By William Fetech

Bryan.  Good to hear you had success. The recovery from the shoulder surgery is really getting to me when I read these reports.  I am keeping up my spirits and today started casting in the back yard. Not tooooo sore afterwards. 

hopefully I can return to fishing in mid April. 

Bill

Bill,

Good luck on a complete and speedy recovery for your shoulder.  The fish will be waiting for you.

Bryan