John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27375
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 03/20/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 21
Lures Used : Weightless Senko/Brush Hog

I fished Twin Lakes on Saturday. Actually, I only fished East lake today. Was on the water by 7. The Bass Forecast was 3.1 so I was expecting it to be slow. Started throwing a black/blue Senko wacky rigged weightless. On my third cast, literally haven't even turned on the trolling motor yet, my slack line twitched and I set the hook. At first I thought I was hung, but then she pulled! Then pulled some more! I had to let her run for a bit to get her tired because I knew she was big! She came up to jump and I was right! A giant! Finally landed her and got her weighed. My new personal best weighed eleven pounds, five ounces! Snapped two pictures and got her right back in the water! What a rush!!!

I ended up with 21 fish for the day. The five biggest were 4.4, 4.5, 5.2, 6.7 and 11.5. The rest were small. They only bit senkos and brush hogs. 

Thank you PWF for another great outing!!!

Mar 21 2021

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

My word – what a giant! Congratulations John! I would have been shaking so hard I probably couldn't have cast any longer. Awesome to see the East lake put out a giant like that. 

Thanks for sharing,

Mark

Mar 21 2021

Chase Worthington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congrats!!

Mar 21 2021

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on an awesome day and a new double digit PB – wow…. 32+ pound bag with an 11.5 pound kicker – better than a TV fishing show!

Mar 22 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the PB John, beautiful fish!

Mar 22 2021

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Wow a giant girl. Congrats on a great day of fishing

Mar 23 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

John,

Congratulations on such a great fish. Did you enter the big bass contest? Likely a winner, at least for the month of March and maybe overall. Catching an 11.5 is a huge accomplishment. 

Mar 23 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mark Daugherty

My word – what a giant! Congratulations John! I would have been shaking so hard I probably couldn't have cast any longer. Awesome to see the East lake put out a giant like that. 

Thanks for sharing,

Mark

Thanks for the kind words, Mark! Yep, i was shaking like a leaf on a tree! I had to go back to the truck for a break and call my dad! And it was only my third cast! lol

Mar 23 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chase Worthington

Congrats!!

Thank you, Chase!

Mar 23 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on great fish………………..

Mar 23 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kevin Fuller

Congrats on an awesome day and a new double digit PB – wow…. 32+ pound bag with an 11.5 pound kicker – better than a TV fishing show!

Thanks Kevin! Definitely better than a fishing show!

Mar 23 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Thank you, Scott! A good buddy told me to retire from fishing since it would be so hard to beat an 11.5. I just told him i had to catch an 11.6!

Mar 23 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

John,

Congratulations on such a great fish. Did you enter the big bass contest? Likely a winner, at least for the month of March and maybe overall. Catching an 11.5 is a huge accomplishment. 

Thank you, Steve! I think I’m still shaking from it! You know, i have never entered the big bass contest, not for any particular reason, just haven’t. The thought crossed my mind after the fact, though! It’s all good! The experience will be with me forever!

Mar 23 2021

John Jones

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Wayne Pruitt

Congrats on great fish………………..

Thanks Wayne!

Mar 23 2021

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That is simply an outstanding outing!  Very nicely done! Rare indeed is the fisherman who has landed an 11..5!

Dave