Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27461
Property Name : Hill Country Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 / .5 to 1.75 lbs
Lures Used : flukes , worms, hard jerk bait, Northland spinning minnow

Not as many big ones as i had hoped, and several less than a lb. , but a few decent size bass came out of the day’s fishing. It was windy down in “valley” of the main lake below the hills. Beautfiful day, with the sun out, blue skies and a few clouds.

I first fished the pond below the main lake, and it was fun from the bank. Caught several, but none sizable.

Then at Main Lake did better. Used soft flukes, worms, and a hard jerk bait and a Northland spinner. Nothing on the spinner or jerk bait. But the plastic fluke came through again, catching most of what i caught. Also caught one on a tx rigged senko.

Fished mostly from the bank, and moving around. Hoped for a little better, but it was a gorgeous place to fish , with the hill country providing the background. Water is very low, compared to where it has been in the past, so mainly everything was shallow… but certainly still fishable!  For those near San Antonio or traveling that way, it’s worth a try at this property at a really good value. It should keep getting better as it warms.