Roderick Alford

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27231
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 03/18/2021 PM - 03/21/2021 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : We caught a total of 30 bass and 25 crappie
Lures Used : Curly tail grubs with spinner, crawfish, senko and field mouse

Typical and unpredictable Texas Spring weather. Arrived at Hickory Creek about 330pm on March 18th with small group of family to tent camp and fish. Surprisingly the wind was rather calm. By the time we had camp site set up there was no time to fish on Thursday. Went out Friday morning on small lake with brother and grandson to fish from the pier. My brother Terrence landed a nice 4lb bass on crawfish. Then caught a nice beauty on field mouse. Grandson caught some nice blue gills from the pier. Weather turned cloudy and cold everyone huddled up by camp fire while my brother and I took the boat out and caught crappie and bass all over small lake on small spinners and plastic craw fish. Saturday was a warmer day and fish were more active fished the small lake that morning wirh some nice fat bass. Due to no evening wedding event on Saturday my brother and I had the rare opportunity to fish the large lake from 3pm until dark. About 6pm we found the crappie and started catching some nice slabs on curly tail grubs no specific color. Had a great few cold and warm days and very cold nights at Hickory Creek. Grandsons enjoyed the big open field. Gave them something else to think about other than electronics. I will definitely be back.  

Mar 22 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great pics Roderick, glad you and the family had some quality time and good fishing there!