Jeff Woerner

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27695
Property Name : Boren Lake
Reservation Date : 03/24/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 bass/all 1-2lb
Lures Used : wacky senko, craw chatterbait

Boren Lake is a great setup if you want easy. The 2 slip dock stores the vhull member boat complete with two pedestal seats, a long handled trolling motor with foot controlled power, and even a depth finder. Just hook up your battery to the trolling motor and your ready to go. The owner feeds the bluegill and they will great you at the boat.

The lake is about 10 feet at it’s deepest point and mostly clear water. Weeds are not a problem for most of the lake and from talking with the owner he makes an effort to control them. Structures are marked with PVC pipe and there is everything from rock beds, sunken cars, brush piles, concrete pipes, and surface grasses to fish. A great place to try out new lures and new techniques.

The shoreline of this lake is well mowed around most of the lake and well maintained.  You could shore fish 75% of the shoreline without a problem. There are weeds but they only extend to the top of the water very close to the shore. Also a great place to take young kids as this lake is full of bluegill and there are two bluegill feeders on the lake.

The 10 bass were in the 1-2lb range. I didn’t catch any dinks or any crappie/catfish. It seems like this lake has nothing but bass and bluegill in it.

The lake is located directly behind the owners house and he came out and checked in with me a couple of times.  Very nice people and a very nice place to fish.

Mar 27 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report about otters. Otters are not good for our lakes. We will let the owner know.

Mar 27 2021

Jeff Woerner

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Thanks for the report about otters. Otters are not good for our lakes. We will let the owner know.

The owner knows about the otter and was out a couple of times trying to track it down. You might give him some advice on how to trap and remove it. He was talking about taking a shotgun to it but I’m not sure that’s going to end in success since this thing pops up, looks at you, and then vanishes very quickly.

Mar 27 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Jeff Woerner

The owner knows about the otter and was out a couple of times trying to track it down. You might give him some advice on how to trap and remove it. He was talking about taking a shotgun to it but I’m not sure that’s going to end in success since this thing pops up, looks at you, and then vanishes very quickly.

Thanks Jeff. I have already communicated with him with a list of trappers!