John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27454
Property Name : Malouf Lake
Reservation Date : 03/27/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 67
Lures Used : swim jig, wacky rig, sexy shad square bill

My father and I have been getting his boat ready to fish.  It is practically brand new but has only been in the water once.  Brad Wemhoener and I took him up on using it for an all day trip to Malouf.  We had a great day averaging about 6 bass an hour.  Water was uber calm.  Water temp was 64 F at arrival (69F at the end of the day).  The majority were caught on soft plastics or jigs.  Largest of the day (3.8 lbs) was caught on a topwater frog.  It went something like this.  

Brad:  “ Hey you should throw your frog into that weed bed.  It looks like a big bass would be laying under that mat”
Me:  Pick up rod, cast, wait, wiggle, jerk.  Repeat.
Bass:  splash water explosion
Brad:  “I get half credit for that bass”
Me: “You can have full credit if you take a picture of me with it”

Fun times.

That was early in the day.  The rest of the day was banging the shorelines.  The fish were in tight to the banks in shallow water.  Mid morning the wind picked up and the bite fell off on the shores so we switched to fish the trees and humps in the middle.  Brad caught a dozen bass on a sexy shad square bill while I caught zero trying a crawdad crankbait, rattle trap, spinner bait, bladed jig and a bluegill swimbait.

We went to lunch at a Roma Italian in Lancaster about 15 minutes away that was good.

After lunch the wind had died and we went back to pound the shallow water.  Finished the day with 65 bass, one crappie and one bluegill.  Excellent day.

Mar 28 2021

Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Malouf never disappoints. Awesome day.