Mar 30 2021

Darrell Collier

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27266
Property Name : Waco Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/28/2021 All Day - 03/28/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 54 / up to 5 lbs
Lures Used : TX rigged z craw green pumpkin, watermelon wacky, craw color shallow crank

Returned to Waco Creek Ranch for my second time with my brother, but added his son and a grandson and my 2 boys.  Took advantage of the cabin Sat night, which was awesome.   Enjoyed the fire pit!  

We hit the lake Sun at 7AM, and fished til 6PM, taking an hour off for sandwiches lakeside at lunch.  Air temp around 50 starting, got up to about 70.  Didn't check water temp.  Wind was from the south on Sat, but flipped late night from the north.  That wind stuck with us all day, making for a tough day, but rewarding day.  Wind averaged about 15 mph.  If you haven't been, the boats are excellent – big, roomy, decked, 24v troll motors.  The lake is down at least 5’, but still very fishable.   

We didn't catch much first hour, then we caught a couple 5 lb’ers on craw cranks (some pics below) at the shoreline.   Most of the fish we caught were on grn pump zcraw and watermelon wacky near the shore.  We ended up with 5-6 LMB over 4 lbs – lost one that would've gone easy 6 I think.  Fairly consistent bite til around 4p, then seemed to shut down, so we left early for the long drive back to Plano.

Many thanks to PWF and the land owner for access to such a beautiful and well-outfitted property.  First class all the way around.  Such a great family time together!