Haley Mathews

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27741
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 04/03/2021 All Day - 04/03/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 20 from 1lb to 7lb
Lures Used : Swim baits

Started slow but had a few moments where they tried to turn on. Most fish were 2lbs and the biggest was 7lb. I know it's known but just to let y'all know there were 11 others fishing from the bank. One of them caught a 7 as well. All were caught on 4.5” watermellon swim baits. Tried cranks, tops and worms as well. 

Apr 06 2021

Bo Barnett

Fry

Number of Posts :

What do you mean its known? What is going on with this lake that 11 poeple are fishing from the bank? Where any fish kept by bank fishermen?

Apr 06 2021

Haley Mathews

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bo Barnett

What do you mean its known? What is going on with this lake that 11 poeple are fishing from the bank? Where any fish kept by bank fishermen?

No fish were kept that we saw. Not sure how they can police it when the lake is surrounded by homes. 

Apr 06 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Haley Mathews

No fish were kept that we saw. Not sure how they can police it when the lake is surrounded by homes. 

Nice pics Haley!  You are right that it is virtually impossible to stop poaching and other fishing at that lake.  We will continue to monitor the situation and work with the land owner to do what we can.

Apr 06 2021

Bo Barnett

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Nice pics Haley!  You are right that it is virtually impossible to stop poaching and other fishing at that lake.  We will continue to monitor the situation and work with the land owner to do what we can.

I hope every person on the forum sees this. As far as I am concerned we are a family so I feel free to say this. Since the land owner on the north side passed away some of the residents behind the property think they may trespass in order to fish. This is still strictly porohibited. My boat is less than one mile away from this lake and I live 30 min away. Any time a Private member is fishing this body of water and sees a bank fishierman they may contact me directly and I will very kindly inform the resident they are not allowed to fish this body without permission or a membership reservation. There is no entry to this body of water that is publicly accessable. I will work diligently with the landowner and Scott to ensure your private fishing experience is not interupted and that our great body of water is not compromised by poachers. My cell is 214-783-9137, My name is Bo and I am here to help. Tight lines gents

Apr 06 2021

Haley Mathews

Fry

Number of Posts :

I hope every person on the forum sees this. As far as I am concerned we are a family so I feel free to say this. Since the land owner on the north side passed away some of the residents behind the property think they may trespass in order to fish. This is still strictly porohibited. My boat is less than one mile away from this lake and I live 30 min away. Any time a Private member is fishing this body of water and sees a bank fishierman they may contact me directly and I will very kindly inform the resident they are not allowed to fish this body without permission or a membership reservation. There is no entry to this body of water that is publicly accessable. I will work diligently with the landowner and Scott to ensure your private fishing experience is not interupted and that our great body of water is not compromised by poachers. My cell is 214-783-9137, My name is Bo and I am here to help. Tight lines gents

Thanks I saved your name and number and will let you know next time we fish out there if anyone is fishing that's not suppose to. 

Apr 08 2021

Patrick Gill

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Haley Mathews

Thanks I saved your name and number and will let you know next time we fish out there if anyone is fishing that's not suppose to. 

I really hate to hear Danny passed away. When I lived in Austin, Kyle was my favorite place and in my opinion, one of the best club lakes.  I fished that place as much as anyone and Danny would always drive down and see how the day went. 
As far as poachers, this has always been a problem and honestly, will never change. I loved fishing this lake and just accepted there would be people out there at times.  I even had to tow a poacher and his two young sons one time when their trolling motor battery died in 15 mph south winds. 
Every time I would address poachers or even call the game warden, nothing was ever done. I got tired of fighting it and letting it disrupt a day of fishing. 
This lake is great and has produced so many 30lbs bags for me.  If you ever want some insight on fishing Kyle, feel free to reach out. 

Can someone please respond about Danny? 

-Patrick 

Apr 08 2021

Bo Barnett

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Patrick Gill

I really hate to hear Danny passed away. When I lived in Austin, Kyle was my favorite place and in my opinion, one of the best club lakes.  I fished that place as much as anyone and Danny would always drive down and see how the day went. 
As far as poachers, this has always been a problem and honestly, will never change. I loved fishing this lake and just accepted there would be people out there at times.  I even had to tow a poacher and his two young sons one time when their trolling motor battery died in 15 mph south winds. 
Every time I would address poachers or even call the game warden, nothing was ever done. I got tired of fighting it and letting it disrupt a day of fishing. 
This lake is great and has produced so many 30lbs bags for me.  If you ever want some insight on fishing Kyle, feel free to reach out. 

Can someone please respond about Danny? 

-Patrick 

Danny Green did not pass away, his neighbor Dan Ryan did. 

Apr 08 2021

Patrick Gill

Fry

Number of Posts :

Danny Green did not pass away, his neighbor Dan Ryan did. 

Thank you clarifying Bo!