Tough Day but Finally Found the Fish

Apr 04 2021

Richard Christy

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27817
Property Name : Northeast Lake
Reservation Date : 04/02/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 LMB, 2lbs and 3lbs.
Lures Used : Super Fluke and Finesse Worn

Got to the lake about 7:30 and threw top water around the launch area with no luck.  Got out on the water and fished the bank all around the lake.  Threw top water, worms, flukes, chatterbate with trailer, swim bait and anything else I could think of.  Spent some time on the upper end in the weeds where i caught 4 bass last time, no luck.  Finally caught a nice, fat 2 lb bass off the bank almost directly accross from the launch area.  Around 2;00 I threw  a Texas rigged worm about 5 yards out form a fallen tree about half way up the lake on the east side.  Had a hard hit but missed the fish when I broken off the hook.  I already had a finnesse worm rigged on a light weight rod and threw into the same area.  Caught two nice 3 lb bass in about ten minutes.  Unfortunately I had to end the trip early to get home for an evening commitment so didn’t have a chance to find other deeper spots holding fish, but I bet they’re there. The three fish were fat and healthy.  It was a tough day but ended on a high note. Looking forward to getting back out.