Apr 06 2021

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27761
Property Name : Pecan Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/05/2021 All Day - 04/05/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 Bass, 1 Crappie
Lures Used : White Chatter bait, Strick King Red Eye Shad (Orange Craw), Whopper Plopper (Phantom Shad), Plastics

Had a good day at Pecan Springs. 13 total bass and one 15” crappie (it hit the Red Eye Shad).  

Started about 7:30 am, water temp was in the low 60’s and clear to about 3-4 feet.  I started with the chatterbait along the dam then worked up the east shore to the fence.  Caught two along the dam (one about 18” and the other about 16”).  I then went across to the west bank and worked back toward the dock and ramp.  I caught the largest (20” and 4.1 lbs) on the marked brush pile closest to the ramp.  I alternated between the chatterbait and whopper plopper for a while and had about equal success with both.  The Whopper Plopper worked best in the shallow end ot the lake (caught 4 on it up there).

I tried my go to Blue Fleck Power Worm with no success. Also tried a white translucent Senko with no success.  It’s probably a skill thing, but I didn’t catch anything on plastics all day.

The fish were all healthy and put up a good fight.  Pecan Springs is a nice lake with a really good concrete boat ramp. I caught my personal best (8.65 lbs) here on a previous trip).