Dear Trail is fantastic!

Apr 08 2021

Al Burns

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27431
Property Name : Deer Trail Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/05/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 90 total caught, 77 culled, 13 returned. Four of the fish returned were between 4-5.5lbs.
Lures Used : Ned Rigs and Drop Shot Rigs in Junebug colors

Took two of my gandsons to Dear Trail in Sulphur Bluff on Monday, April 5th. My oldest grandson that was there is a very experienced fisherman. My other grandson that came along is 8 years old and had never fished soft plastics before. Let me just say that the people at PWF have turned this body of water into the kind of place that will make every grandpa a hero! My youngest grandson caught seven right off the ramp before we got the boat in the water. We wanted him to learn to cast before we put him in the boat with us, and of all things he caught a fish on every cast. Seven casts / seven bass. We fished the perimeter of the lake and caught fish just about everywhere. The wind was nasty and we decided to drift down the middle of the lake East to West and caught fish constantly. At about 11:30 am the wind was blowing so bad we just anchored the boat about 200 feet off the launching ramp and caught fish consistntly until we were worn out about 4:00pm. It was after 1:00pm that the biggest bass were caught, four weighing between 4 and 5.5 lbs. Best of all it was the little guy that boated the biggest bass at 5.5lbs. I bass fished for 40 years before I caught a bass bigger than 5Lbs. These fish are plentiful, very healthy, and fight hard. This lake is a gem. Thanks to the great folks at Private Water Fishing. All the work that was put into this lake is going to pay great dividends for all of us fisherman who are “a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other”. Thanks also to the owner for the nice ramp to launch from.