Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27155
Property Name : Twin Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/10/2021 All Day - 04/10/2021 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 32 bass 1 crappie
Lures Used : Flies

Fished Twin Lakes with guest and buddy Shawn Brenthem Saturday.  Shawn is sick like me and we were just chunking flies (I think we love the extra amout of suffering involved in fly vs conventional fishing).  We had a great day on these lakes.  The water was tea colored and clearish and not tea colored and muddy on both lakes.  We landed a good number of solid 17” to 19” bass in the 3 pound range, some solid twos and a few “fly rod” bass (cull sized bass).   We caught the most fish and had the most fun with poppers and Deer Hair poppers catching the bass on top.  They were holding tight to the cover and the trick was to put the fly just inches away from the edge and then give it a short pop and wait for the explosion. The “inches away” part was challenging with the wind and we probably only succesfully placed 1 out of every 20 or so casts... We also caught a few with clousers and woolies out a little from the cover.  We both lost a few “I think that was a 5 pounder” fish and didn’t land anything over four pounds but I know from y’alls reports that the big fish are there – next time.