Jeff Pennell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28084
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/17/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 fish 5+, 9 4+, 8 2-3, 4 <2,
Lures Used : Frog/Senko

Fished solo from 7:15 until 12:30. It was chilly and I did fight the wind and intermittent light rain. The lake was high after the rain and I was not expecting much. Again, MK did not disappoint.

I started with a chartreuse and green frog and got some great top water action with mostly smaller fish (the two culls and a few under 3’s). After about an hour I switched to the Senko and started catching the bigger ones. All of the fish were off the bank 4-12 feet. The best fishing was in the timber (even out toward the middle) at the far end of the lake. So many healthy, angry 3-4 pounders and the 3 over 5 that fought so amazingly hard. I lost two nice fish. 
I'll say it again, both of the Athens lakes have such healthy fish. MK Ranch is one of my favorites. It was a really fun day. 
I will mention that there is a lot of debris in the boathouse that must have blown in with the storms. They look like great snake habitat so I'm hoping that will be cleared out before it warms up. The boathouse was particularly messy in general this time. The flat bottom boat was out along the bank near the far end of the lake also.