Tim Macmanus

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28089
Property Name : Boren Lake
Reservation Date : 04/18/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : o Bass/25+ Blue Gill
Lures Used : Crank Bait, Senko, Texas worm rig, chatter bait, rattle trap, frog

First, have to thank the owner for greeting me and showing me the boat, the batter, explaining the trolling motor and explaining the lake. Super nice guy. I fished for blue gill with worms and a bobber first. Hooked up my first one which was a 1 pounder at least and while it was fighting in the water, a 4-5 bass came out and tried to grab it. That was the only bass I saw all day. I also used a small grasshopper crank bait and pulled it slowly on the top of the water and caught at least 4 or 5 with that technique. Hit the lake with the boat at about 3:15 and fished until 7:30. Threw everything I had to throw at them and the only thing that I even got a bump on all afternoon was the Senko. Not a bump, strike or hit on any other lure. The algae/weeds/moss are very thick. I fished about 20 yards from the dam from one end to the other. There is a clip in the boat that you can clip onto branches or the pvc pipes and stay in one place. Helps dramatically when the wind is blowing. If you want to have your young children catch something, come here for bluegill. Bring worms, corn, hot dog, cheese and several different kinds of baits as they are very well fed and after a period of time, they just sat there and stared at the worms. It would be a huge challenge to fish from the shore here. The algae/weeds/moss are on the shore line completely around the lake. You could fish top water but if you did anything else, it would be a challenge for sure. Very cool place. I just happened to get skunked. I recommend bringing a battery for the trolling motor in case there is not one on the dock. Owner had been using one and allowed me to use that battery as well as his life vest as I did not bring either since i was not planning on using the boat. Glad that all worked out.

Apr 19 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

When we fished it the other week, the only thing we had success on was wacky rigged senkos for the most part and caught alot of ‘buck’ bass guarding fry in the left corner flat near the big stump the around the lake up to the damn.  I suspect by now the females are still in that 2-3 week window where they have spawned for the most part but haven’t started really gorging to recover.  The owner is awesome.

Apr 19 2021

Tim Macmanus

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

When we fished it the other week, the only thing we had success on was wacky rigged senkos for the most part and caught alot of ‘buck’ bass guarding fry in the left corner flat near the big stump the around the lake up to the damn.  I suspect by now the females are still in that 2-3 week window where they have spawned for the most part but haven’t started really gorging to recover.  The owner is awesome.

Thanks Joshua. Confirms what happened with me also. Senkos was the only thing I got a bump on but never could get them hooked up.