Corky Cummings

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28077
Property Name : Slaughter Lake
Reservation Date : 04/19/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 1 lb, 1 1/2 lb, 1 dink
Lures Used : topwater, plastics craws, tx rigged worms. spinner baits

This is my first report since joining,  I consider myself an above average bass fisherman and I have owned and managed bass ponds/lakes for several years in the past, but just sold my property in the last year,  I thought I would try the club since I like to fish and don’t want to work so much at pond management.  Also, I travel the state quite a bit and the idea of throwing a few rods and tackle in my truck and trying different spots sounds good. I really like the idea of club boats at each spot.

The report:  I caught 2-3 bass in about 2 hours fishing time in the late afternoon.  Slaughter Lake is close to my house and I think I can fish it regularly once I figure out what works.  I caught all of the fish 30-45 minutes before sunset on topwater when the wind slowed.  I hooked a few on plastics, but never landed them. Spinner baits caught a lot of algae.

The boat was adequate, and you need rubber boots to launch it.  If there is a strong wind, maintaining the boat direction is near impossible. There are some ropes in the boat to tie off which helps.  I’ll be back.