Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28069
Property Name : Rock Creek: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 04/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15 Bass 10" to 19"
Lures Used : Chatterbait, Red/Blue Senko Texas Rigged

Proud to say grandson Barrett is hooked on fishing. Took him to La Roca Ranch just 15 miles from his home for a day of fishing (school had in service day) and we had a great day on the water. Rains on Friday caused the visability to really be effected. Reports said it was 4 to 6 feet and we had less than a foot. I’m sure this also impacted our fishing this beautiful lake. We made the best of what we had, fishing hard from 8 till 4 catching 9 over the 16” slot and harvesting 6. Barrett used a chatterbait all day and I threw the box at em but only caught fish with a Texas rigged senko. These fish for the most part have not spawned. Big fish was just under 4 lbs and fell prey to Barrett’s chatterbait. We caught most of our fish right on the bank with a few in deeper water. Lost a big mama way up the creek right on the bank in a foot of water.. Fun day fishing and the turkey, deer and ducks make it even better. 

Apr 21 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nothing better in all of God’s creation that seeing a child’s sheer joy in catching a fish IMO. 

Apr 22 2021

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Good on Barrett AND you.

Priceless.

Apr 23 2021

Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Pybus

Good on Barrett AND you.

Priceless.

Great comments, thanks The memories of days on the water or off the bank are forever moments. Take a kid fishing!

Apr 23 2021

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Paul Barner

Great comments, thanks The memories of days on the water or off the bank are forever moments. Take a kid fishing!

Hey Paul,

That is awesome! My son caught his PB at Rock Creek back in Feb 2019 I think.  6.85 lbs. Check out my report from back then.  Rock Creek is a cool little lake, almost intimidating with all the shore line cover.  So bassy looking.