Good Day at Hickory Creek

Apr 22 2021

Garrett Wyatt

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28129
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/21/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24 total: 12 bass 7 to 16 inches , 1/2 pound to 3 / 11 bluegill / 1 crappie
Lures Used : senkos / fluke / grub beatle spin

Started off a little slow for most the after noon. about 2 an hour. Did not use boat as i was solo.  Fished from dock in the beggining...caught a bass or two but tried the beatle spin and caught 3 nice bluegill. Then traveled down to the far south east end and walked that bank down to the small channel. Caught a few on both fluke and worms, but not as ‘hot’ as i was hoping...Went back around to north side and caught a couple more, before i again went to the dock, caught a couple there again….Once again, i broke out the beatle spin, and caught 8 more bluegill, some very nice size and solid….it was fun, and since the bass weren’t hitting hard, it was a nice diversion.

i have fished this lake several times, and noticed in the later part of evening, around dusk, they get active. Same this day. It was mostly quiet for the better part of the day, but after 6pm, they got more active. I drove down to the bridge crossway towards exit, and parked, fished the smaller lake on the other side of the main one. It was fun. They were popping...all the sudden, a couple of big ones, attacked my fluke aggresively, and i caught a few more….So, dusk again, was the best part of the day. I know this happens a lot at many lakes but they seem to really get active at this lake late in the day….and definitely throw in to the smaller ‘Pond’ lake across from the main lake off the road, nearest  the entry on the property….it has fish…. but i likely landed my biggest  off the dock. 3 lbs.

This is a really beautiful property. Nicely managed. Plenty of area to bankfish if you were inclined, where grass is cut back. Jonboat is also available right at the dock. Visit if you get a chance.