Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28211
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 04/25/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 - mostly 3-4's, 3 @5lbs, and 2@6
Lures Used : Drop Shot/wacky senko

Fished a bit in the morning and afternoon – caught several great fish, lost 3 (shook the bait out at the boat), caught 2 under 2lbs.  I had read the reports and most people seemed to power fish (cranks/spinners/swimbaits/brush hogs) and none of that worked for me. Settled in on a drop shot pattern to find good size females at 18ft near the weed line down deepish off the humps and drop offs I was able to feel.    I wish I had taken my portable depth finder and my big crankbait box, but I managed to leave it at home.  

Used a plum and a green/yellow dropshot worm or a 4/5in wacky senko in green/red flake and caught all my fish on that.  Even when I found them feeding on the top and tried to use a spook or a rattletrap, they just wanted a finesse presentation.   This resulted a really fun afternoon pulling a bunch of hogs up on 8-10lb flouro, which I wasn’t expecting.  All of the fish had spawned (at least the one’s that I caught).  

One of the ones that jumped out of the water at the boat was larger – not quite sure the weight but was definitely bigger than the others I had hooked up with.  I was able to hook a massive bull frog that chased a top water bluegill that I had tried over the weeds – no luck with the bass with it but he liked it!

I will be back (and prepared). My wife was able to take a couple of photos