Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28166
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/24/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13 LMB; 4 white crappie
Lures Used : Chatterbait & creature bait

I fished Triple J on 04/24/21 from 7am to 3pm and caught 13 LMB and four white crappie.  Seven of the LMB were young of last year at 6-8 inches and culled, while the other six were 16 – 19 inches, with one at 4.4 lbs, 19 inches, and the others at 16-17 inches and 3.2 – 3.4 lbs.  Those are some fat fish and the relative weights are impressive.  I have included a picture of a 16+ inch fish that weighed 3.32 lbs.  If you divide Triple J into three thirds, the dam third, the boat launch area third and the timber arm third, I caught 90% of the fish in the boat launch area third. Triple J has changed a lot over the past two years when I could go out and reliably catch 35-50 LMB, but nowhere near these relative weights.  You actually have to work hard to catch these fish now!   The water turbidity was high, with visibility at 6 inches.  I saw no sign of grass in the lake.  Everytime I pulled up the anchor, it had mud but no grass.  Other than algae, I never had to clean a lure of grass.  Finally, if any members are looking to specifically target big white crappie, I recommend Triple J.