Strong day @Indian Cave

May 03 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Fished Indian Cave (accidentally, was supposed to be Rock Creek – complete brain fart…) on Sunday. 

Water was murky and had 0 success with soft plastics (dropshot/carolina/tx) or jigs – you really had to hit them in the head – if it didn’t splash or flash, they weren’t interested.  

Caught most of our fish on top next to timber and on weed lines – spook/yellow magic, crankbait, underspin.  Most of the fish were bunched up in 3 areas – dam, main point and the secondary point at 10-18 feet of water.  Caught some fish early near the banks (Rocks + Weeds + shade = fish).  Caught 30 or so, 3 culls, rest were between 2-4lbs.  My buddy used cranks/worms/flukes most of the day with very little success.  Was mostly a post-spawn pattern and the fish seemed pretty beat up from spawning – very thin. 

May 08 2021

Shane A. Beck

Fry

Number of Posts :

Just curious, was there a warning issued for fishing incorrect lake? I assume they adjusted the billing too? Ive seen a few properties that have multiple lakes on them with and wondered if people went to wrong lakes.

May 08 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Shane A. Beck

Just curious, was there a warning issued for fishing incorrect lake? I assume they adjusted the billing too? Ive seen a few properties that have multiple lakes on them with and wondered if people went to wrong lakes.

Yes and yes – my understanding is that some rules are terminable as well (e.g. Wills Point has a few lakes not affiliated with the club and the instructions are clear, fishing them is terminable).  I was upfront about my mistake and owned it, which I think helps – whether someone would have ‘caught me’ (no one very well might have noticed), but I’ve always lived by the honor system.  

May 09 2021

Shane A. Beck

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Yes and yes – my understanding is that some rules are terminable as well (e.g. Wills Point has a few lakes not affiliated with the club and the instructions are clear, fishing them is terminable).  I was upfront about my mistake and owned it, which I think helps – whether someone would have ‘caught me’ (no one very well might have noticed), but I’ve always lived by the honor system.  

Its great that our group has integrity! The world could use a major dose! Thanks for the initial report and the follow up info.

Take care buddy!