Jeffrey Robles

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28426
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 05/06/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2
Lures Used : Trick Worms

Made our first visit to SW Lake for some afternoon angling.  This is a great property, beautiful and well-maintined, but as we pulled in the gate I could see the water looked very muddy or at the very least heavily stained.  We only fished for 3 hours.  We spent about 30 minutes eating lunch, rigging up and making a few casts from shore before we put the boat in.  We fished a variety of baits from plastics to cranks to blades, but only the Trick worm produced today; 1 Bass and 1 Crappie.  The wind was blowing pretty good all afternoon, and even though we didn’t connect with all our bites (we had chances for a few more fish each), it was still a relaxing few hours out on the water.  

May 07 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I went out there the other day in similar conditions – couldn’t get anything to bite on the main lake but in the back by the timber I was able to find some nice fish.  The other reports I read that when the water is clear/ the bass seems to hang out by that main point and then towards the dam.  I think there are also brush piles but the markers were submerged so I couldn’t see many of them.  It is a very beautiful property!