James Mathis

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28378
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 05/06/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40+
Lures Used : Stick boat, crankbait, soft plastics

I was lucky to be the first visitor to this new club lake. It’s a jewel. I caught 40+ LMB, most from 2.5 to 4.5 pounds. Biggest three 4.8 lbs, and only about three that wouldn’t have made 14 inches.

I caught them all over the lake on crankbait, jerkbait, TX-rigged worm. But the majority came from the flats east of the boat launch area on a weightless soft stickbait. They were ALL healthy, aggressive, and fought above their weight class. Several times, they took baits at the boat, and there were followers chasing the ones I had online.

The owner, Eric, is a super-nice guy and came down to offer tips and his exciteement about having more people fish.  He asked that I post some picture to encourage people to come, so they are attached.

Notes:

The boat is a narrow 12-footer, so okay for one person, but too small for two. It didn’t leak, but it’s older and the transom board is rotted, so bring a board as a transom back-up.

Route 317 is a gray rock road that is marked by only a weathered street sign, so you have to watch out for it. The white farm house of the resident is just before the road.

Tight lines!

Jim

May 07 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report and pics Jim, glad you had a great day out there!  We’re excited to have Blue Rock in the club, those Wills Point quarry lakes have been blessed with some great bass.