John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28287
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 05/08/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9 Bass- 1 8.5, 1 5.5, 1 5, 1 4, 5 2 1/2-3
Lures Used : Flukes

This is one heck of a property that screams “ I got a big one!” . Friend and Member Scott Wheeler got a chunky 8.5 pound and a 5.5 pound. All bass came in flukes- the bigger the better. Most fish came from east side to right of the overflow. Nothing after 10am. A couple came from each side of point south of boat dock. The owner and his wife came by and had a nice chat. All I will say is there is probably a couple of bass in there that could eat one of the 3 pounders with ease. All fish came in the first half of day. The evil wind was blowing 20+ all day and gusted to 35 at time. Rock n roll!  Not sure if pics uploaded but will check Monday and do it when I have access 

This is a great place to fish if you are patient and go not expecting to catch anything as this is a big fish lake. They are here. Water is clear. Even though Lake Texoma gained 3.5 feet last week and red muddy, there was east 3’ visibility. Fish this lake as quietly and as patiently as possible. There are features in there if you have a down imaging finder you will be rewarded. I found one at the end of our day that I will definitely spend some time on next time I go. I will be back. May do a solo ½ day in July just to concentrate on the feature I found. Basszilla just may live there.