May 09 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28317
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/08/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 65 total for three people fishing
Lures Used : Epic Baits Plastic Worm - Watermelon/Junebug and Epic Bait Swim Jig Creature

I took my younger brother and his son with me yesterday and we had a blast. We met the owner as were were about to start fishing and was a very nice guy. We started fishing about 8am in the morning and fished to about 7:30 in the evening. This property is beautiful and has lots of vegitation, but not overwhelmimng. The water was beautiful and was 78 degrees. I even got to meet the owner (Will) of the property and was a very nice guy. Was happy to meet and talk to him.

I started fishing with an Epic Bait creature bait used as a trailer on a  neg rig weight and hook and fished it as a swim jig. I had a good bite going on in the morning, but my brother and his son didn’t do as well for some reason on swim jig. By noon, the fish seemed to slow way down and I switched to a Watermelon/Junebug Senko Style of worm made by Epic Baits and started catching more fish close to the bank. www.epic-baits.com

Most of the larger fish caught was on the East side of the lake or left side of the boat ramp. We all fished a lot on the West side also to get out of some  of the wind, which was strong gusts. We caught fish an both sides, but noticced the fish on the West side were much smaller and the larger 1-3 pounders were all caught on the East side of the lake. My brother caught a beautiful 5 lbs, 13 oz bass almost directly across the lake from the boat ramp. I ended up with most fish in the 1lb to 3 lb range. I likely caught ¼ of the fish that were under 14 inches long. There is some really good looking and healthy fish in this lake and you can see where the owner is managing this lake well with the things that were done to make this a great fishing lake and big ones coming in the future.

Video has been added.

May 10 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Enjoy your report/detail – thank you for that.  I need to start adding more photos but I stuff my phone in my bag as I’ve lost it a time or two in the lake and never can seem to grab it quick enough. 

May 12 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Enjoy your report/detail – thank you for that.  I need to start adding more photos but I stuff my phone in my bag as I’ve lost it a time or two in the lake and never can seem to grab it quick enough. 

I have mine on a tether just in case. 

May 12 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

I have mine on a tether just in case. 

Video added to original report above. Please view YouTube video.