Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28511
Property Name : Rock Chimney
Reservation Date : 05/15/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Bunch
Lures Used : Chase baits

I took a quick trip out to Rock Chimney to check out the fishing this morning.  I only had about 2 hours to fish and I was mainly doing a reconnaisance to check out the water level and see if any fish were stirring.  There has been a lot of rain in the area recently and I was pleased to see that the water levels are back to near-normal levels!  I had a good chat with the landowner and he said the water level is up 4 ½ feet from 2 weeks ago.  The water level and water color were very good.

Now to the fishing.   I only had a short time so I made a quick loop around the lake and found the fish to be in a super-aggresive mood.  I was fishing exclusively chase baits and they were crushing chatterbaits and squarebill crankbaits and fighting like crazy!  I caught a bunch of fish mostly in the 2-4 pound range with a couple over 5.  very few smaller fish.

I had something happen on this trip that I have never had happen before.  I was reeling in a 1 ½ pound bass and as I was just lifting the bass out of the water a 6 pound bass enhaled the back half of the bass on my line!  I was stunned...The fish was close enough to touch but I just sat there in disbeleief.  After 1-2 seconds the fish let go and splashed back into the water.  See what I mean...  Super – aggressive.  After 2 hours I had to get back to other things.  Good to see Rock Chimney looking so good and being back on my rotation\\

May 15 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice! never been able to see that happen live but that is pretty dang cool!

May 15 2021

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Nice! never been able to see that happen live but that is pretty dang cool!

great to see the water is back up. Thank you for the report.