Pecan Springs Lunkers

May 16 2021

Scott Hunt

Fry

Number of Posts :

First time out at Pecan Springs and it was a good one. Arrived around 1:00 pm to sunny skies, 82 degrees, a bit of wind and clear water despite the previous week’s rainfall. Water temp was about 71 degrees. Netted five bass and one catfish. Two of the bass were 17” and 18” respectively. I don't own a scale yet but the second was definitely my personal best! The bite was a little slow, but it was big. Most catches were along the shoreline in 6-8’ of water with watermelon or pumpkin brush hog. Lots of big fish suspending at about 13’ in 17-21’ of water. Tried drop shotting and heavy chatter baits but only hooked the catfish.

May 17 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the PB Scott, will definitely need a scale to keep track for future outings, I’m sure more PBs are ahead for you!

May 17 2021

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Congrats on the PB Scott, will definitely need a scale to keep track for future outings, I’m sure more PBs are ahead for you!

Congratulations. Have fish ed there quite a bit  and usually catch a lot of small fish , but also 1 or 2 that are very nice. Beautiful property.