Adam Duey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28484
Property Name : Bennett Lake
Reservation Date : 05/15/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8
Lures Used : Texas rig

First ever reservation with PWF and if this is any indication it is money well spent. Took my 6 year old son for a fishing/camping trip and had an absolute blast. As a previous report mentioned the road is narrow with a pine tree layover just in front of the gate. Once you pull through the abandoned homesite gives off a feel of seclusion that is only enhanced once you see the tree lined lake. Not a soul in sight and very few sounds of humanity at all. Launching was super easy and we were off. He caught his first fish on his second catch just off the weeds as we headed west towards the shallow side. The vegetation was thick and anything we tried other than a Texas rig fouled up quickly.

We fished all day with numerous stops back at camp for snacks and relaxation (remember, he’s only 6). We finished for the day around 5 and had caught a total of 8 fish, 7 of which were under 2 pounds and the eight at 2.5. This was our first time fishing out of a boat so I’m sure with more skill and experience we could have done better but overall we had a blast. 

As far as camping, the only complaint we had was the place hasn’t been mowed in awhile so we were in 2’ of bahai grass which got old quick. The site overall though was amazing. complete solitude and nature all around. We were even treated to 8 geese coming in for a landing around sunset. 

May 17 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice!  I’m still scared of geese from when I was that age and one of them fowls chased me with unrelenting pursuit nipping me on the legs a few times. 

May 17 2021

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

A fun report of your fun day! Thanks for sharing it. So happy your son and you had a great introduction to PWF. I’m sure this will be the first of many wonderful adventures together at PWF properties.