Bass with an attitude!!!

May 17 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Some may wonder what makes this place so special? Well here is the answer, FLORIDA STRAIN BASS! Catching one of these beauties is like taking a punch from Mike Tyson. A 5-pound Florida Bass is like tying into a 15 lb. bull red! If you have never caught one, it is a “must do” to add to your bucket list. This lake has it all, timber, points, grass, deep water, coves, etc. The water was extremrly clear... so partly cloudy to cloudy days are best. If you are after numbers, this lake is not for you…this is the place to get your PB! Morning fishing was very disapointing, 2-fish, both were 1-1.5  lbs. We took an hour for lunch to re-evalute our lure selection, presentation, color, etc. We finally hit the right combo around 1:30. Final tally….my son and I caught a  5.8, 5.6, 5.2, and 4- between 3 - 3.5 lbs. We did have eight or so that were dinks. In addition, we caught at least a dozen nice size black crappie on small crank baits. Thousands of bream are visable, we caught 2-that were huge. You can bet your last dollar that I will be back to Pecan Gap in the next couple of months.  I am hooked on Floridas!!!!

Best bet is 6” worm Texas rig , motor oil color. KVD 2.5 square bill crank bait in sexy shad color, slow roll edge of grass.

May 17 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Glad you had a good day out there, it really is a special place and always provides an opportunity to catch a giant that will pack a Tyson style punch!

May 18 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

what was this lure seletion/presentation/color etc?  asking for a friend whose going there in a couple of weeks

May 18 2021

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

what was this lure seletion/presentation/color etc?  asking for a friend whose going there in a couple of weeks

Texas rig 6” worm, motor oil color. KVD 2.5 Sq.-bill crank bait, sexy shad, work slow.