Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28480
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 05/16/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32 LMB all 2Lbs+
Lures Used : Frogs, wacky rig, Flukes

The bullfrogs kept announcing the impending weather all morning and they were right. The fish must have heard “eat me before the weather apocolypse”, because they chased frogs all morning on the west bank and grass and in the northern culvert cove. Evening brought a sliver of occasional sunlight and a dry hat (clothes, not so much) and the frogs still were the meal of choice. 

Alternated with wacky rigs and weightless flukes (color didn’t matter) and caught enough that the day would have been decent without the topwater action. About 22 of the 32 fish caught were topwater frogs (jerk and pop or paddle foot ribbit both worked). 

We got wet, but caught enough to make it worth it. 

May 17 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That’s a great day Brad, love when the frog bite is on!  Hopefully you have dried out by now 

May 17 2021

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I learned that rain suits have an expiration date and mine must have become a windbreaker at least 3 years ago.  I GOT SOAKED!  I caught my personal best on a topwater frog for both quantity and quality so it was worth it.  I am not positive but I think largest was 3.2 lbs.  Thank you Dr. Brad for the smart purchase of a bilge pump.