Six O Delivers

May 20 2021

Ryan Herrington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28573
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 54 LMB (1 - 10lb; 5 - 2+lb; 28 - 1+lb; 20 - dinks)
Lures Used : Soft plastics; jerkbait; topwater

Cloudy skies and calm conditions made for a fantastic day at Six O for PWF member Ken Youngblood and me.  We picked Six O in part to avoid all of the forecasted rain.  We fished from sunrise until around 3:30pm with about an hour break to eat lunch and troubleshoot a finicky trolling motor.  Wind was almost non-existent until around noon when it picked up to about 10mph.  We fished the entire lake, focused primarily on the shoreline and timber.  Vegetation is manageable and water clarity is superb even with recent rain.  Early morning topwater action was literally hit and “miss” as a couple of strikes didn’t result in hookups.  However, the soft plastic bite was consistent throughout the day and the jerkbait worked well when the wind picked up.  Final count was 54 LMB, majority 1lb or less but still fun to catch.  A handful of fish stretched the line a litte more than the others and one monster shocked us both.  It is Ken’s personal best and, after a couple of quick photos, was quite satisfying to us both as she swam away knowing she is back out there lurking and waiting for our next cast...

May 20 2021

Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congratulations on your PB, I know big fish lurk there but I always seem to book a windy day. Just for giggles what part of the lake held the big girl?

Ron

May 20 2021

Kenneth Youngblood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ron Wood

Congratulations on your PB, I know big fish lurk there but I always seem to book a windy day. Just for giggles what part of the lake held the big girl?

Ron

Hey Ron,

She was caught dragging a TX Rig Lizard slowly off the drop pretty much directly across from the boat dock.

May 20 2021

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Ron

Nice pic.  Congrats to Ken on the Double D!  Quantity and quality makes for a great day.  I need to get back to Six O soon.

Keith

May 20 2021

Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kenneth Youngblood

Hey Ron,

She was caught dragging a TX Rig Lizard slowly off the drop pretty much directly across from the boat dock.

You talking the old sermerged tank dam, straight out from the boat dock on the west side? Did you use the pontoon boat?

R

May 20 2021

Kenneth Youngblood

Fry

Number of Posts :

You talking the old sermerged tank dam, straight out from the boat dock on the west side? Did you use the pontoon boat?

R

We did use the pontoon. I am not familiar with the old submerged tank dam but yes, straight out from the boat dock on the west side. 

May 20 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kenneth Youngblood

We did use the pontoon. I am not familiar with the old submerged tank dam but yes, straight out from the boat dock on the west side. 

Congratulations!  Motivation for the rest of us!