Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28625
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 05/22/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18. 14 LMB 2-3 lbs, 3 culled, 1 bluegill
Lures Used : TR worms, Baby Brush hog, Jig, Fluke

Maybe I just caught the same fish 12 times. I'm always happy for dumb fish. 

Arrived about 2. Worried about rain, I decided to not launch the boat at first. Stopped at the "small boat launch" at the first cove near the road and started throwing the frog. Walked the shoreline up to the end of the above water vegetation. Got lots of attention, but no hookups. 

Went back to the cove and switched to a baby brush hog (pumpkin orange). Caught a big bluegill first cast. Caught 4 LMB in the next 15 or so casts. Thought "Let's try bigger bait for bigger fish". Had a jig with orange craw trailer rigged, caught fish first cast. Interest waned with the jig. Next, TR 10" red worm caught 5 in 15-20 minutes. Rain drove me into the Jeep. 

Rain stopped, Red worm did not. Caught 2 more. Switch to Pumpkin Zoom SuperFluke, caught 2 more.  Found largest creature bait I had. Caught 2 more. 

Rain was threatening again, so I threw the frog a few more times and finally hooked up. 

Had to drive to the spillway to turn around to head home, so threw at the brush piles close to the road, jig caught 1. 

All fish caught, except the last one, in the same little cove 2-4 PM and 5-6:30PM. 

Pretty fortunate to find the spot. I'm sure they'll be gone or better educated next visit. I held back on the "school of fish" joke here. You're welcome. 

May 23 2021

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I'm anxious to go to to JerMar, too. What was the water clarity ? Thanks

May 23 2021

Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Glen Armstrong

I'm anxious to go to to JerMar, too. What was the water clarity ? Thanks

Clarity was 10-12 inches at the dock to about 6-8 at the opposite end. Good luck. Lots of grass. 

May 23 2021

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Sounds like a great afternoon