Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27688
Property Name : Cody Ranch Hart Lakes
Reservation Date : 05/22/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 42; 1 to 6 lb
Lures Used : Top water; soft plastics

My brother and son joined me for our annual Cody Ranch trip, and we had one of our best outings every.  It’s the first time we’ve stayed at the lodge instead of the cabin by Moonshine, and the extra space and nice accommodations were enjoyable.  We fished all day at Hart Lakes, and started out at Upper Hart.  We weren’t in the water 20 minutes, when we all had three fish on at the same time.  And my son’s 4.8 lb fish was his personal best!  Picture is attached.  We caught most of our larger fish at Upper Hart, including a 6 pounder I caught on the far side from the boat launch.  The hydrilla is thick between the island and the shore there.  But with the water up, you can skim a TRW across the top, and the big fish were hitting it like a topwater lure.  It was a lot of fun.  We didn’t catch any big fish in Lower Hart, but the numbers were there.  

May 24 2021

Dale Stagg

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Just wonderig if your photo gave an error or forgot to post? I posted a couple and neither came up and got errors. Had to post photos as a reply instead. 

May 24 2021

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

How was water clarity?

May 24 2021

Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Dale Stagg

Just wonderig if your photo gave an error or forgot to post? I posted a couple and neither came up and got errors. Had to post photos as a reply instead. 

Dale,

Seems to be a problem with the new HEIC format iPhones use for pictures these days.  With a little bit of fiddling around with it I was able to modify the file and attach it.  Thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one having the problem.

Danny,

The water was murky.  Probably only a foot of visibility.  Lpwer Hart seemed a little clearer than Upper Hart (where the picture was taken), but not much.

May 25 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Bryan Buchan

Dale,

Seems to be a problem with the new HEIC format iPhones use for pictures these days.  With a little bit of fiddling around with it I was able to modify the file and attach it.  Thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one having the problem.

Danny,

The water was murky.  Probably only a foot of visibility.  Lpwer Hart seemed a little clearer than Upper Hart (where the picture was taken), but not much.

Great pic Bryan, glad you were able to get it attached; we will have to look into the HEIC format and see if we can make those work.  Congrats on the triple and PB for your son!