May 24 2021

Zachary Nix

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27731
Property Name : Riley Lake
Reservation Date : 05/21/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2; one under and one over slot
Lures Used : Everything thrown. Fish caught on blueberry Zoom Zlinky and Johnson silver minnow spoon w/ white grub trailer.

My father and I fished the property for roughly 6 hours before the weather and our lack of success sent us back to the cabin. We both agreed the poor weather conditions and our general lack of skill reflect poorly on the lake, it’s a wonderful peice of property and the cabin is a great resource for the club. Hopefully we’ll get a return trip when the weather settles down, I’m very interested in another round.

High Points: The lake fished bigger than the 10 acres listed and looks awfully fishy regardless of our lack of success. The boat was in good shape and accomodated us without issue. We stayed two nights in the cabin and I can’t say enough about what a great resource it is for the club. There is plenty of room for multiple couples or a 4-6 person family to stay without feeling cramped. Overall it’s a well kept, remote, and relaxing spot.

Low Points: We only landed two fish; one cull and one released. Both were caught in the little cove in front of the cabin, one near the point where the lake runs N/NE and one more towards the center of the cove. We ran the boat around the edge of the lake three times and then drifted along the center another 2-3 times trying to find them but just didn’t have much luck. Everything we could think of was cast to try and entice the fish but the rain (light drizzle to medium downpour) and water clarity (six inches, maybe) kept the fish out of the boat. To be fair to the property, those things along the equipment operators (me and Dad) most likely were the issues. We threw chatters and spinners (various sizes/colors with & without trailers), swim baits (varisou sizes/colors, with and w/o blades and skirts), numerous artificials ranging from pink power worms to gun powder z-hogs, rat-l-traps, spoons with and without trailers, and some other things I’m surely forgetting.