LaRoca Range Rock Creek

May 24 2021

Shane A. Beck

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28576
Property Name : Rock Creek: La Roca Range
Reservation Date : 05/23/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 cull fish, the remaining fish all were between 2 and 4 pounds.
Lures Used : Soft plastics, crankbaits, chatterbaits

This may not come as a suprise to my fellow Texan anglers, but it rained all day! This property is wonderful and the lake appears full as water is running in the creek next to the launch. Its cloudy, SE winds 10-15 and raining, water temp 73 and water is stained. The fish didnt care as they were already wet so this was going to be a test of my resolve. For my first time on this lake, I learned a bit. In places where I expected to get my arm torn off, they were quiet. In subtle areas, I found fish stacked up ready to play. The grass line along the dam was solid action for topwater frogs all day long, they moved in and out of there. I found a few humps in 12-14 feet about half way back to the creek on the east bank and they produced good fish on cranks and T-Rigs throughout the day. The most productive colors were wtrmln/red and char/wht.

The launch area has enough rock mixed in that is very stable in the rain, no fear of getting vehicle stuck.

As always thanks to PWF staff and landowners who make days like this possible!

Shane