Good weather, strong fish....what else do you need?

May 26 2021

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28637
Property Name : Masagana Farms
Reservation Date : 05/26/2021 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 bass - up to 3lb 9oz
Lures Used : Wide variety, most success on swimbaits and squarebills

Had a great morning with a longtime friend. Together we landed 14 very healthy bass. They were so strong that is was actual disappointment when it was only 3lbs because it felt like 6 until it was visible. No complaints here, though.  I am happy catching strong bass all day long.  Most were in the 15-17” range.

It was nice to see the sun finally shining and enjoy a few hours on the water. Most of the bass were in the deeper pockets of 7-10’ quite a ways offshore. We did catch a few up shallow, but vegetation limited attempts and techniques.  Therefore, we tried to keep the boat positioned on the dropoffs several yards from the bank.  

May 26 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Nice, I couldn’t get the bigger one’s to biite, though I was using mostly running finesse presentations.  Did you fish those brigges at all?  I wanted to but with the wind that day, I couldn’t get the boat positioned right. 

May 26 2021

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Nice, I couldn’t get the bigger one’s to biite, though I was using mostly running finesse presentations.  Did you fish those brigges at all?  I wanted to but with the wind that day, I couldn’t get the boat positioned right. 

No, we didn't really work that way much, a little in passing. As we would get closer, we noticed the depth and vegetation issues. We were already having to clean prop quite a bit. Once we realized they were biting deeper, we stuck toward the middle and the opposite side where there was a distinct dropoff. 
In a trip there last year, I caught a few on topwaters near the bridges.