Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28570
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 05/30/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 up to 7.4lb
Lures Used : Variety

I leave for El Salto in a couple of weeks and so I thought I’d do a little prep work with big baits, I wasn’t disappointed.  I really enjoyed this lake and it’s differrent structure/cover combinations. 

1. Conditions – windy morning, wind died during the day (which was regrettable), partly cloudy and the water was 72-78 degrees with a fair stain, visibility to 2.5 feet. 
  2. I only used oversized baits and I didn’t get to fish the evening, so I think I could have caught a fair bit more if I had used some normal sized stuff;  10 inch power worms, 6xd cranks,  gizzard shad walking baits, and a large blugill glide bait. 
  3. That said, everything I took in except for 4 was over 3.5lbs and up to 7.4lbs.  I’ve never caught a figh on a glide bait (new to my aresenal) and the feeling when fish were taking it was amazing – you knew the fish was going to be big. 
  4. I tried fishing the back timber area and had no luck – everything I caught was ‘offshore’ in 12+ feet of water.  
  5. I fished the different humps in the middle of the lake and had the most success there.  There are a number of them and electronics are helpful.  
  6. The bluegill are like piranhas at PG – they would storm worms as soon as they hit the water and pull them off the hook.  Never had that happen like that before. 
  7. I caught several large crappie on a crappie jig when the bass bite turned off midday – I’m enjoying this feature when lakes have it as it gives me something to do when I’m having trouble getting the bass to bite. 
  8. I caught a turtle which isn’t a first, but does continue my unusual run of other creatures eating lures (AA I had a large bull frog eat a lure). 
  9. I will say that some of the bass were not in good condition – very beat up and looked old.  The 7lber I caught thought was a young fish and a complete hog/football.  Haven’t seen that girth in a while on a fish.  
  10. I took a bunch of pictures but the uploading isn’t working unfortunately. 

May 31 2021

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Won’t let me upload all of them but here are some