Alex Elrod

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 28746
Property Name : Lee Lake
Reservation Date : 06/02/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 bass (all 2.5LBs+)
Lures Used : Whopper Plopper and Spinner Bait

First visit out to Lee’s was a slow, but fun day! Only had time to fish from 12:30 to 5pm or so. As we we were leaving we noticed the top of the water was getting incredibly active so I imagine the sunset fishing would be great here.

The property is fantastic and easy to navigate, even with all the recent rain in the area. We only stuck to bank fishing, which was a fantastic way to explore the property but I could definitely see how hopping in the boat or a kayak would be even more ideal. The recent rain has the lake level at what must be an all time high! The dock was completely under water – at least 14” below the water line! Pretty cool but surreal sight. Fortunately I always ware waders when fishing so I don’t mind getting in the mix and fishing with the fish...

The fishing was fun but very hit or miss. Storms were brewing all around so I wonder if it had a negative effect on the fishes activity. That said, it was still a blast getting a handful of fish on a large whopper plopper. They were all stacked up really shallow in the grass on the opposite end of the dam – I imagine the few hours of 80 degree temps brought them to a bit of those warmmer spots. If you were quiet and snuck up on some of the shallow spots you could see a few monster bass that quickly took off so again boat fishing and pitching into the shallows would’ve yielded better results. The few fish that we did catch were all big, beautiful, and feisty! Just above limit so didn’t harvest anything. Kudos to the management of the lake because the bass were definitely healthy and a blast to reel in. There were so many unique spots – shallows, structure, grass, trees, bushes, etc. so it made for a really fun, but short trip out to the area.

Also, the red ear are NO joke in this lake – good. ness. Out of curiosity I threw on a small fly lure to just casually toss around and the sunfish were absolutely ferocious – fought harder than the bass and were the size of dinner plates.

Highly recommend this lake!

Cheers